Thursday, May 6, 2010

Friendly Competition in the Workplace to Drive Success!!

How to motivate a team to motivate themselves.... Start a friendly inner office competition of course! Dangling incentives such as monetary team and individual prizes usually can get the excitement moving! And if the company culture is competitive by nature? Well, then you just better watch out!


Staffing and recruitment takes a competitive and motivated team of individuals. The roller coaster that is this industry is not an easy ride by any means, but having an encouraging team of co-workers on your side gets you through the day, week, month and year.


Motivating employees to motivate themselves is the wanted result from a competition clearly. Another part is also the effect of team members pushing team members to do better. To make this work, you must have accurate record keeping displayed for the entire company to see. To track individual progress as well as overall team or company progress helps all to see the actual picture. Creating a clear picture of where each team member stands creates encouragement and congratulations.


Individually, it forces you to see your successes and losses and therefore it should hopefully want you to put in a bit of an extra effort. Individual successes lead to overall company success and therefore when the big picture is clearly documented, each team member can see how they attributed.


So as you can see friendly competition brings folks together when they are all working towards one goal.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, it is kind of a childish story but I will share it. I'm now 53 and happily employed. Here it goes : I was motivated by our company's online payroll services because for years, I've been accepting salary in a brown envelope with written computation attached in it. I'm just happy that I can even save it and use it anytime I wanted. In the case of the physical money given to you on a given date, you can be lured by thoughts to spend it right away. I'm happy that I'm experiencing such new way of payroll. Colorado streets and shopping malls are temptation to me because I'm not a good spender. Through it, I was able to save every pay-off. In my retirement, which is near, I am planning of putting up a small business - payroll service should be fast and great like my present company.

*Laughs*

I am just happy, and that is my motivation.