Monday, October 26, 2009

Empowering your Team

Have you ever wondered how to fit more hours in the day? Have you ever gotten a great idea yet the implementation gets pushed to the side for the next urgent message or email? What about writing your blog... well as you can see by my inconsistent posts that this is a weak area for me personally.

I have a solution - I attend so many wonderful events and seminars, most recently 3 days at the American Staffing Association Conference in Florida, yet I am the only one with the knowledge when I return from these wonderful events. In my office we are going to be starting a once a month training session and it doesn't involve me presenting (I can't be the only one who is tired of hearing me present in my office). Here is the concept, once a month I am going to reach out to a new staff member and brainstorm possible topics, these could be from seminars I have attended or areas of expertise for them that may be deficiencies for others and have them do a mini presentation (about 45 minutes) on their topic over the lunch hour.

What an incredible way to create subject matter experts in your group! We have a very flat organization where everyone works very hard but not everyone understands the value of what one another does and this will help to solve that issue and allow me to continue to write and share with you!

... any other ideas - let's share them!

No comments: