Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Years Resolutions

Whether you are a manager looking to hire, a professional looking to expand your career or an employee looking for that next opportunity I would guess that we all have something in common during this time of year and that is thinking about the year that has just flown by and how we can make the one we are about to enter into that much better!

Resolutions are guidelines to help us gather some reflection and focus not just so we can by a piece of excersise equiptment to hang our clothes on.

I am going to give you some of my resolutions in the hopes that you become inspired:

Write it down ... all of it... your goals, aspirations, your bucket list... put it on paper NOW

  • mine will be completed by the end of the month and be filled with goals and aspirations big and small but try to be detailed and quantitative so you can really see your results
Commit to something bigger than myself and be specific about it

  • Volunteer in a charity/not for profit (I am thinking Association for the Blind and Visual Impaired)
  • Become active in a career organization; more than just attending meetings but actually contributing to content and volunteering my time. (National Human Resource Association in Rochester)
  • Decreasing my carbon footpring (carpooling with a co-worker and completing our initiative to go paperless in our office)

Continue to be the best I can be at my job

  • Taking a continuing education course/seminar each quarter
  • Meet with all of my 2008 business partners to discuss areas of success and improvement for 2009
  • Act with integrity, honesty and have fun Every Day!
  • Share and delegate information and responsibilities to help my employees and teamlearn and grow as professionals

On a personal note - complete a 1/2 marathon and be diligent about going to the gym, connect with old friends and smile for no reason at all!

Cheers to a prosperous New Year!

No comments: